Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Black Friday Cyber Monday

We desperately need a TV. Since we moved into our new apt recently, we decided to get rid of our heavy, big 32" square thing that would have taken up 1/4th of our bedroom and get a nice flat screen we can actually lift and not bump into when we walk from the closet to the bathroom. Having a full time job, I work on my orders during evenings~nights. My usual day: get up at 7am after snoozing half a dozen times, shower, COFFEE, commute 20 miles, work 8-10 hours in my cubicle, commute back another 20 miles, dinner, open mail/check emails/pay bills, work on my orders while watching TV in our living room. I agreed to my husband's request that I'd stop working at 10pm. That hasn't really worked out quite well because once I get started on something and I'm in the "zone", I can't stop! I blame all this on TV. Not only am I working because I'm "listening" the TV (and I say listening because I cannot technically "watch" it while working on poms), but I'm "listening" the TV because I'm working. I tell myself, I'll stop when this show's over, and then the next show, and then the news...you get the point. So...if we had a TV in the bedroom~~problem solved! I would stop working when I should and before my fingers fall off, get ready for bed and fall asleep while watching TV. Having one TV just stinks. It forces me to stay outside working when I should be inside getting my beauty sleep/E!News.

So this brings us to the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday. We have been searching online for Friday's deals on TV and have also saved up the funds needed to make this overdue purchase. I have never shopped on a Black Friday. I know, can you believe it? I have however done the crazy "get up at 2am and wait in line for the new Wii outside a Sears in freezing cold" before. And it was not fun. I vowed to NEVER do anything like that ever again. So, should I wait at 3am outside a WalMart or Target this Friday to save maybe 50 bucks on a TV? I should mention that I have work that morning at 8am. Is it worth it - the sleep deprivation, the cold, the wait, the competition and race to the electronics aisle as soon as the doors open? Lets not forget I will be about 9lbs heavier from the Thanksgiving dinner just 7 hours prior!

There is one place you can get great deals without waiting in the cold at 3am! Etsy! This Friday and throughout the weekend, you can get up at 10am, not brush your teeth, stay in your warm PJ's while partaking in Black Friday Cyber Monday deals. The shop has some deals too so check it out! You won't have to elbow anyone while you shop!

Free Shipping...$3 poms...3 free poms...hooray!!Stay tuned for my Black Friday TV update...maybe I will be brave enough.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment