Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dinner Party ideas

Have you scheduled all your holiday parties yet? If not, I'm sure they'll hit you like a train real soon! Your weekends will be packed for the next few weeks to come, but who's complaining? This is the best time of the year! It's time when friends and family share their stories, recipes, gossip, and heart, and we're allowed to over indulge on that pumpkin pie with extra whipped cream on top! I've been married a little over 2 years now and have yet to host a Holiday dinner , and to be completely totally whole-heartedly honest...I'm hoping to buy as much time as I can until the year comes when I do have to host it. For one thing, I am no Martha Stewart in the kitchen. I only dream to be. In fact, I just watched my absolute fave Ina Garten cook up a mean mac&cheese on TV, and I just adore and admire her but have never dared to cook up anything mean in my life. I think I still need a few years of tasting my MIL's turkey & stuffing before I can attempt at one of my own. I really don't mind doing the tasting for now.

Here are some great dinner party ideas that inspire me to host a Holiday dinner sooner or later (later than sooner). As long as someone else does the cooking, I'll do everything else. And here are some 'everything else' that get me excited about the holiday parties! Above: Dinner with Friends by TummyMountain
Above: Thanksgiving Placecards Tags by TwoPoodlePress

Above: Brown and White Striped Conversation Starter/Ice Breaker Favor Box by afabulousfete

Above: butternut yellow napkins by margotbianca
Above: Homespun Lavender Pears by
HandMeDowns
Above: Latte, Hot Chocolate and Cream by
Fairyfolk
Above: Pink hearts Christmas ornament by
DancingJellybean

Above: Customized Wreath by twoinspireyou

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my convo boxes!!! Love your picks, those napkins are fabulous! I've actually been looking for some yellow pieces for a party, perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for including my wreath! I sure enjoyed reading your blog! Fun little picks you have here. Makes me think I should maybe host a Christmas party... some day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a warm, cozy collection! My yummy acorns are delighted to be included!
    Blessings and magic,
    Donni from Fairyfolk.

    ReplyDelete